Brackendale Fall Fair Clerk & Judging Procedures 2017
Brackendale Farmers Institute Fall Fair Judging Procedures 2017
These procedures will be given to the Exhibit Judges prior to the fall fair, along with a copy of the Exhibition Standards of Perfection, a sample Judging Score sheet and an entry form.
Place: The Brackendale Farmers Institute Grounds, just past the Art Gallery
1. On arriving at the fall fair grounds the Exhibit Coordinator will greet you and discuss the judging format and answer any questions. You will be directed to your section. The judging begins at 7:00 pm and ends when you have completed your section.
2. A Clerk will have arranged exhibit items by the category number and age divisions before your arrival. Please check that all items are correctly sorted. Adult entry forms are white, Teen entries are orange, Junior entries are blue and Child entries are pink.
3. You will have most materials provided for you. The Coordinator will discuss with you any additional equipment you may require.
4. To begin judging a category find the correct judging score sheet. Each sheet is titled for each category in your section. If needed blank sheets are in your package. Fill in the year and circle the age division. (A) -Adult, (T) - Teen, (J) - Junior and (C) - Child as they will be judged separately.
5. On the entry form, under the judging section, mark the I. D. letter under which you will be scoring the entry. Example (A,B,C,D,E etc.) (See sample in package)
6. You may continue on the back of the score sheet if there are more than 6 entries. If you need another score sheet use the blank score sheet found in your package. When you finish judging a category mark 1st, 2nd or 3rd on the entry form in the designated Placed spot.
7. On completing a category, with the help of the Assisting Judge or Clerk, go back and uncover the names. Fill in the first, second and third place names, including the phone number, on the bottom of the judging score sheet.
8. When you are ready to attach the ribbons please collect only the number of ribbons that you need for that category.
9. Fold the entry form back beneath the Exhibitor's name so that their personal information is hidden with only name exposed. Paperclip the ribbon to the right hand side of the entry form, catching the folded portion and keeping the name and ribbon details visible. (See sample in package) Continue until each category in your section is done.
10. When you finish judging turn in your package, with all your paperwork, to the Coordinator.
11. Any questions please email or call Exhibit Coordinator - Madeline Robertson firstname.lastname@example.org cell 604 848 9498 land line 604 898 3390.
Brackendale Farmers Institute Fall Fair Clerk Procedures 2017
Date: Friday September 8, 2017
There are four clerk categories. Below are the duties and responsibilities that you will be responsible for depending on which clerk position you have volunteered for.
Pre-receiving clerks Your shift is from 4:30 to 7:00.
Receiving Clerk Your shift is from 4:30 to 7:00. ( Entries are received from 4:30 until 6:45 as judging begins at 7:00).
Table Category Organizing Clerk
Any Questions please email or call Exhibit Coordinator Madeline Robertson
email@example.com cell 604 848 9498 land line 604 898 3390