Brackendale Fall Fair Rules and Regulations 2017
Brackendale Fall Fair Rules, Regulations and Categories for 2017
The Brackendale Fall Fair is all about family, friends and neighbours.
The Brackendale Farmers' Institute asks that each competitor to read the rules and regulations for exhibits as listed below or entries may be disqualified. Entry forms will not be available at the fair grounds, please stop at the Brackendale store for entry forms prior to arriving at the grounds.
1. The fair will be held at the Farmers' Institute Park, just South of Brackendale Elementary School. The fair will be open to the public from10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday Sept 9, 2017.
2. All exhibits (entries) must be at fair grounds by 6:45 p.m. on Sept 8th and must remain on display until 5:00 p.m. Sept 9th. Items must be picked at this time as Farmers Institute will not be responsible for any exhibits left after 6:00 p.m.
3. Any animal entered in Section N for judging must arrive before 8:45 a.m. on the day of the fair, September 9th. All animals must be self-contained with food and water as this is part of the care of the animal. Please check your animals periodically during the fair for stress, especially if it is hot. Let the Exhibit security know if you are leaving the grounds.
4. All exhibits will remain displayed for the duration of the fair. The Farmers Institute will take measures to ensure the safety of the exhibits, but shall not be liable for any loss or damage to exhibits. A security guard will stay through the night on Friday after the judging is completed.
5. All exhibits must be made, raised or grown by the exhibitor. Infringement of this rule will result in disqualification. All entries, except wine, must bear no visible signs of wear and must have been completed after September 2016. No name will visible to judges until after the awards have been made.
6. Each exhibitor must complete an entry forms prior to arriving to the fair grounds. Entry forms may be purchased at the Brackendale Store or All Keys and Locks Ltd. The Entry fee is $1.00 for Adult (18 years and up) - white entry form. Free for Teens (13-17) - orange entry form. Free for Juniors (9-12) - blue entry form. Free for Children (8 and under) - pink entry form.
7. Entries in a section must fall into a listed category. One entry per category, no exceptions.
8. Judges may divide categories into subsets and award ribbons as they deem appropriate. Exhibits will be judged on merit against criteria.
9. In the absence of competition in any class, the judge will award prizes according to merit. The judge's decision is final.
10. Only Fall Fair volunteers are allowed on the fairgrounds Friday evening after 7 pm, when judging is taking place.
11. All prize money will be paid out on Sept 9th at the fairgrounds from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. First prize is $3.00, second prize is $2.00, and third prize is $1.00.
All categories are open to all ages.