Brackendale Fall Fair Rules and Regulations 2016
Brackendale Fall Fair Rules, Regulations and Categories for 2016
The Brackendale Fall Fair is all about family, friends and neighbours.
The Brackendale Farmers' Institute asks that each competitor read the rules and regulations for exhibits as listed below or entries may be disqualified. Entry forms will not be available at the fair grounds, please stop at the Brackendale store for entry forms prior to arriving at the grounds.
1. The fair will be held at the Farmers' Institute Park, just South of Brackendale Elementary School. The fair will be open to the public from10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday Sept. 10, 2016
2. All exhibits (entries) must be at fair grounds by 6:45 p.m. on Friday Sept. 9th and must remain on display until 5:00 p.m. Sept. 10th. Items must be picked at this time as Farmers Institute will not be responsible for any exhibits left after 6:00 p.m.
3. Any animal entered in Section N for judging must arrive before 8:45 a.m. on the day of the fair, Sept. 10th. All animals must be self-contained with food and water as this is part of the care of the animal. Please check your animals periodically during the fair for stress, especially if it is hot. Let the Exhibit security know if you are leaving the grounds.
4. All exhibits will remain during the fair displayed. Any awards received will be displayed. The Farmer's Institute will take responsibility to ensure the safety of the exhibits, but shall not be liable for any loss or damage to exhibits. Security guards stay through the night on Friday after the judging is completed.
5. All exhibits must be made or raised by the exhibitor. Infringement of this rule will result in disqualification. All entries must bear no visible signs of wear and must have been completed after Sept. 2015. Except Wine. No name will visible to judges until after the awards have been made.
6. Each exhibitor must complete an entry forms prior to arriving on the fair grounds. Entry forms may be purchased at the Brackendale Store or All Keys and Locks. The Entry fee is $1.00 for Adult (18 years and up) white entry form, free for Teens (13-17) orange entry form, Juniors (9-12) blue entry form, and Children ( 8 and under) pink entry form.
7. If you have an item and are not sure how to categorize it. Mark the Section Letter and the clerks will help you with the Category when you drop off your item. One entry per category, no exceptions.
8. Categories have been simplified to make entering and sorting of entries less confusing. Judges may divide categories according to the number and type of items entered and award ribbons in as many subcategories as they deem appropriate. Exhibits will be judged on merit against criteria.
9. In the absence of competition in any class, the judge will award prizes according to merit. The judge's decision is final.
10. Only Fall Fair volunteers are allowed on the fairgrounds Friday evening after 7 pm, when judging is taking place.
11. All prize money will be paid out on Sept. 10th at the fairgrounds from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. First prize is $3.00, second prize is $2.00, and third prize is $1.00.
All categories are open to all ages.